Marble Ramp
Question: Which marble will roll the longest distance?Prediction: I think they will both go the same distance.
Equipment:
2 rulers, 1 big marble and 1 small marble,
books, cardboard
What we did:
1. Build a ramp using books and put the ruler on top. Stand cardboard in front of ramp to measure how far the marbles go.
2. Place both marbles on top of ramp and let them go at the same time.
3. See which marble goes further.
What happened: The big marble rolled further.
Why did this happened: The big marble rolled further because it was heavier and had more momentum. Gravity made it move down the ramp.
Innovation: We had to make a marble leave the ground and land into into a cup. We also had to find a way to make a marble move another static marble. It was great fun!
Nice work today all you crazy scientists in Rimu Rua!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed building the marble ramp.
ReplyDeleteFrom Brooke
do do do do do do do do do doo.
ReplyDeletewe had fun lots of fun lots and lots of fun we are fun we are fun we are fun(to the tune of something in the water)
FROM JENNIFER AND HANNAH. COULSTON :) :)
Wow! That looks so much fun. I wish I could do that. Its a lot more fun then normal maths.
ReplyDeleteFrom Caitlin G.
That looks like so much fun I wish we could do that for science!
ReplyDeleteBy Rebekah
I enjoyed watching the videos. Some of them worked because the slop you put them on and the ones that didn't work you must of put it on a wrong angle. Good job all of you.
ReplyDeleteFrom Gemma.O.
I love doing science. It is so fun. By Charlotte :.)
ReplyDeleteI loved building the marble ramp. I think everybody liked it.
ReplyDeleteFrom Alexandra